About Me

My photo
I hope that what I post here and what you read may in some way encourage, challenge, inspire, or simply interest you... The Week 1 - 21 posts are a series dedicated to EXCEL School of Performing Arts Tour 2015. It's impossible to capture the whole experience, but here I choose to share at least one thing I learnt in each week of XLTT15.

Week 15 ~ Nelson // Knight In Shining Armour

There was anticipation as we headed onto the ferry to float across the Cook Strait and bring our messages of using our creativity, positive thinking, and self-control through the Holy Spirit to the South Islanders of Aotearoa. This was one of those times when I took a breath and realised how blessed I was to be living this life - doing what I love while impacting people's lives in little and big ways. It was a total privilege to be on EXCEL Tour, what a journey! 

The ferry ride was great, I saw dolphins for the first time which was wonderful. Some of the team were sick but we all made it across alive. It was a stunning day in Picton and I enjoyed a sea side lunch at a cafe. Then we drove along the scenic route to our first South Island stop - Nelson. 


The first thing I have to comment on is how beautiful the Nelson region is. As we drove around to our different show venues we were blown away by God's handiwork. A really stunning spot was Kaiteriteri beach. We had a special time there baptising three of our team members in the bright blue water and worshipping on the speckled orange sand. 


On Saturday night we headed out to Motueka for what would be a very eventful night. Alex Hannah, a dude who went to EXCEL and then was a tutor there for a while, hosted us at his church for an evening of ministry. He talked about how God would speak to us through the theme of our tour and also encouraged us saying that our team was something special and noted our unity. We spent some time singing worship and Alex sang an original song about being God's sons and daughters which I found really beautiful and it really resonated with my spirit. As I stood there soaking in the song I began to cry and I realised something very significant, that I am just a broken girl desperately in need of a Saviour and friend in Jesus. Next Alex opened it up to pray Heaven down on people. Everyone had a turn standing in the middle receiving an out pour of the Holy Spirit. We were encouraged and prophesied over. I was led to the middle and I just stood there. Someone put my hands out to receive. It was a really powerful time and some very cool words were spoken out over me. I think what hit me most though, was when Alex said God knows my desires and He will be the knight in shining armour I've always dreamed of. He sees my heart and He will be gentle with me. I was sobbing by this point as I felt an assurance that God was right there for me being everything I needed and more. The Holy Spirit flooded over me and my whole body just relaxed into His love and the people around me carefully lowered me down onto the ground. I lay there being held by God and breathing in the words that had been said. As I thought everything over I just felt God say to every question and comment I had, "I know, I know, I know." What a joy and peace that brought! 


I didn't come out of tour with a boyfriend. I am yet to meet my earthly knight in shining armour. But it was so relevant having this word that God knows my desires and will be everything I've ever dreamed of. God sees me. He understands me. He showers me with affection and never lets me forget how crazy about me He is. God holds my hand when I'm scared and embraces me when I'm unsure. God tells me how beautiful I am and He listens to my dreams, ideas, and questions. He laughs at my jokes and makes me smile constantly. He's protective and yet lets me take risks. He teaches me new things and helps me understand life. God is so good to me. 


"In Him we live and move and have our being." Acts 17:28