About Me

My photo
I hope that what I post here and what you read may in some way encourage, challenge, inspire, or simply interest you... The Week 1 - 21 posts are a series dedicated to EXCEL School of Performing Arts Tour 2015. It's impossible to capture the whole experience, but here I choose to share at least one thing I learnt in each week of XLTT15.

Week 11 ~ Whangarei // Friendship

Ahhhhhh friendship, one of life's greatest blessings and challenges rolled into one!

In Whangarei I was able to stay with my good friend Becky for the week rather than being billeted by one of the churches. Honestly it was such a blessing. We're talking week ELEVEN of tour so saying, "I was tired." Would be the biggest understatement. Staying at a friend's house was so relaxing and comforting and also fun. It was refreshing to have someone else to talk to about how tour was going, my emotional and spiritual journey etc.

My favourite thing was the times we prayed together throughout the week.

I guess I'm at a time of life where friendships are all a little up in the air because the people I know and myself... we're all trying to find our place in this world. That means we move away, we get jobs or study or travel overseas - everything's changing. Sometimes the people you're close to change with that too but it's beautiful to know that God will always provide the people you need around you in each season of life. Even when it feels like we have no one, He's there, He knows our needs.

"Two are better off than one, because together they can work more effectively. If one of them falls down, the other can help them up." Ecclesiastes 4:9