About Me

My photo
I hope that what I post here and what you read may in some way encourage, challenge, inspire, or simply interest you... The Week 1 - 21 posts are a series dedicated to EXCEL School of Performing Arts Tour 2015. It's impossible to capture the whole experience, but here I choose to share at least one thing I learnt in each week of XLTT15.

Mid Year Break // Rest

Sunday July 5th, Journal entry:

"Never been so happy to be HOME! My, oh my, what a journey the past 11 weeks have been. So grateful to now rest and revive before heading South with God's Word. Thankyou, Daddy. Praising you always for your goodness and for making this life possible. I love you. Amene."

It was such a relief to have all the weight of tour just fall off my shoulders for two sweet weeks of holiday! A rest was greatly needed. I spent the first week in Auckland and the second back in Upper Hutt which worked really nicely getting to see family and a couple of friends. I got to meet my second niece, Miss Cara Anne Hagen. She is simply beautiful and I was lucky enough to meet her at only 4 days old! The break gave me a chance to sleeeeeeeeeep AND dig into God's Word in a bigger way.

One day I read this quote by Corrie ten Boom, she said, "If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within you'll be depressed. But if you look at Christ, you'll be at rest!" If I'd spent my break looking at how big the world is and feeling scared of my future I would have found myself stressed out, anxious and panicky... If I'd spent my break looking within myself I probably would have felt lonely without my tour fam or insecure at not having responsibility... But I chose instead to put my eyes on Jesus throughout my time off and to spend time doing healthy things, feeding on the Bible and seeking Him. This resulted in me having a really restful two weeks. It wasn't a lazy time, but a peaceful one.