About Me

My photo
I hope that what I post here and what you read may in some way encourage, challenge, inspire, or simply interest you... The Week 1 - 21 posts are a series dedicated to EXCEL School of Performing Arts Tour 2015. It's impossible to capture the whole experience, but here I choose to share at least one thing I learnt in each week of XLTT15.

Week 20 ~ Blenheim & Masterton // Miracles

My God is a God of miracles. I don't believe this just because I've read about it in the Bible and heard it said in church... I myself have witnessed it, and been an ambassador for God's miraculous work.

Here's an exciting story from tour during my time in Masterton...

"Tonight my billets daughter has friends over for her birthday. They're currently in the lounge having pre drinks before going to town. My billet mum and I just got home from being out watching a movie and we were chatting in the kitchen as I made a hot choc. One of the guys came out and started talking to my billet. He mentioned he had stuffed his knee and needed surgery. Straight away I felt in my heart that I should pray for him. I shot a quick prayer up and God said YES. The conversation changed topic, veering away from his injury and continued for a while. I thought I might have missed my opportunity and wasn't going to get the chance to pray for him but God, being the good guy He is, brought the subject back to his knee. I stepped out on the nudge and said, "Hey could I pray for your knee? Because I believe in healing." He said yes please and so I got him to sit down. I put my hand on his knee and started praying, thanking God for this guys life, welcoming the Holy Spirit, and then asking in the name of Jesus for healing. I felt something under my hand physically shift and I asked if he felt it too to which he said YES! then I asked the Holy Spirit to do even more and asked if he felt hot and he said "Yes I'm sweating, what the heck is happening?! This is weird!" I got him to put his hands out and receive and just kept praying whatever God gave me to say. My billet was there speaking in tongues too. The Presence was so thick and I truly believed he would not need surgery - God had worked a miracle! Our prayer drew to a close and he was buzzing out to the daaaays. (Which I know wasn't from the alcohol because he was there as sober driver) After this experience, I was sitting in my room and I heard him go back to the group and straight up tell all of them what happened! He was raving about how cool it was and saying he'd never experienced something like that in his whole life."

The point of sharing this story is to say that God speaks and when we listen and act on His words, radical things happen!

See I can't settle for a regular life anymore. I've tasted of the supernatural, I've seen Jesus do impossible things. Anyone who's walked away from God and Christianity because it was "boring" has missed so much of what God intended for us as His children. Friends, we have full access to the Kingdom of God, we just need to listen to His voice and step into the freedom that's available.