About Me

My photo
I hope that what I post here and what you read may in some way encourage, challenge, inspire, or simply interest you... The Week 1 - 21 posts are a series dedicated to EXCEL School of Performing Arts Tour 2015. It's impossible to capture the whole experience, but here I choose to share at least one thing I learnt in each week of XLTT15.

Week 4 ~ Napier & Hastings // Relationship

A real perk of tour is that every week we meet different pastors and people in ministry and get to learn from them and be encouraged by the work they're doing for the Kingdom. In Hastings we had a devotions one afternoon which was lead by the youth pastor of our host church. He chose to speak to us about relationships. He shared with us five ways to know if someone is the right person to date or have a relationship with... Those were:

1) Feeling of heart.
You're going to feel attracted to them and that's a beautiful part of it... Recognize your emotions, don't just push them away.

2) Ask God.
Simple, right? Pray about it. Chat with God! He knows the plan and He's promised us His Holy Spirit to help guide us in our decisions. Remember to listen for His answer.

3) Mathematics.
This point was actually quite a good one that I guess people don't talk about much. But I guess it's about the practical details... Can you actually see yourselves pursuing marriage together? Do you have the same core values? Are you going to make a good team? It's normal to have differences but make sure those aren't so great that they could put a divide between you or become major issues.

4) Parents/Pastoral leaderships approval/advice.
Ask people who care about you and your best interests about it. They're removed from the emotions and can often see things that you might not be able to while in the situation. Ask them to pray for you too!

5) Do you draw closer to Jesus?
This is a question we could ask about anything we do in life. But especially in the area of relationships we need to be sure that the person we're investing in is going to help us fall deeper in love with Jesus at the same time. If they pull you away or create a barrier between you and God, it's not worth it.


I'm yet to find that right relationship. But I'm not so much searching as I am simply anticipating. I find myself praying for my man very often. I think that praying is the only way to keep me patient sometimes! I'm dreaming and believing for my love story. I definitely see marriage in my future and oh my goodness I'm so excited to learn and grow alongside another human being.