About Me

My photo
I hope that what I post here and what you read may in some way encourage, challenge, inspire, or simply interest you... The Week 1 - 21 posts are a series dedicated to EXCEL School of Performing Arts Tour 2015. It's impossible to capture the whole experience, but here I choose to share at least one thing I learnt in each week of XLTT15.

And Off We Go

I thought I'd post a few odd thoughts before starting Tour...

This is such an immense responsibility. We're not on this team just to travel NZ and have fun performing shows... We're going out carrying a message about Jesus Christ and the difference He's made to our lives! We are ambassadors for God's Kingdom. We are representing not just EXCEL, but God too.
"Everything you do, or say, then should be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, as you give thanks through him to God the Father." Colossians 3:17


I actually feel very prepared for this moment. I can look back on my life and see the clever ways God has got me ready for this. Some examples are in church youth group and kids camp leading, I've learnt to relate to and teach young people. And the times I've had to spend away from my family have got me ready to be on the road away from them for a while. I guess you could say I'm prepared in the performing arts aspect too but you see it's become about so much more than just that!
"God has made us what we are, and in our union with Christ Jesus he has created us for a life of good works, which he has already prepared for us to do."  Ephesians 2:10


I am learning so much about life and the Christian faith from the people I'm surrounded by. The last two months have been such a whirlwind journey and I know the work isn't finished yet...
"So I am sure that God, who began this good work in you, will carry it on until it is finished on the Day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6


We're stepping into a battle and we're going to need full armour to win it, but we can and will through God's strength. I can see now that I'm going to find myself weak often but I pray that I will never give up.
"The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14


This is all about bringing God's beloved children back to Him. Finding restoration in Aotearoa.
"All nations will remember the Lord. From every part of the world they will turn to him; all races will worship him. The Lord is King, and he rules the nations."  Psalm 22:27